|Springs||Simulated wind resistance||-|
|Thrust Testing Aparatus||Test thrust||-|
|Result||Test failed. Prerequisites not met. Existing prototype does have mounted motors, so this test cannot be completed.|
|Date||23 Nov. 2020|
|Signature||Ben Morgan Palmer|
|Comments||Motors used on Versa Wing test bed are rated for much more thrust than weight of Versa wing.|
- Determine/Calculate the spring constant and spring length to simulate the effects of different wind speeds. (Talk to Ben about this one - he knows what to do)
- Test the Motors and props for resultant thrust with the springs as resistance.
- Record data on resultant thrust both with and without the springs.
- Graph the resultant data to observe the thrust curve we can expect from the motors.
- Record wind speed and direction (especially with relation to planned flight path) for each test flight.
- Use visual observations to identify if the drone can handle headwinds, tailwinds, and crosswinds, as well as updrafts.