Table of Contents
Saunders email uses the RIT Exchange Server. If you do not have a Saunders Email Address, please submit a request to email@example.com to have an account created (Saunders faculty, staff and adjuncts only).
Please login to Inside to review the lists: https://apps.scb.rit.edu/mysupport/mailingLists/
Supported Email Clients
- Microsoft Outlook
- Video on how to use Outlook: https://www.lynda.com/Outlook-tutorials/Outlook-2016-Essential-Training/380383-2.html?org=rit.edu
- Outlook for the Web (OWA): http://mymail.rit.edu/
Per the University Signature Standard, all email communications that support academic or business functions must contain specific information in the email signature. Email Signature Instructions are available here.
Communication between your email client and both the Saunders and RIT Email Servers is encrypted. But that's where the encryption ends. What this means is that when you download your email, it will be encrypted. When you send email, it will only be encrypted when the message is sent to recipients on the Saunders or RIT Email Servers. If you send your email to a non-RIT or non-Saunders email account, the email will not be sent encrypted. We recommend you do not send any confidential information to non-RIT or non-Saunders email accounts.
- Adding a shared Exchange mailbox
- Automatic Replies (Vacation Message)
- Creating A Meeting Invite
- Email Signatures
- Filter all Meeting Requests and Updates to another folder
- Forwarding Email Headers
- Junk Email & Spam
- Moving an email to a folder after its been read
- Reject all meeting requests and provide an auto reply
- Sending email from another account
- Sharing and Opening a Shared Calendar