First test your Connect readiness using the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test: http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
For you convenience, you can also print out the following Visual Quickstart Guides provided by Adobe:
- Visual Quickstart Guide for Hosts and Presenters (i.e, those who create meetings and manage features such as webcam, audio, and sharing content).
- Visual Quickstart Guide for Participants (i.e., those who attend a meeting and may not necessarily have or need access to features such as webcam, audio, or sharing content but may be granted these permissions by a meeting Host)
Creating a Meeting Room
Meeting rooms are the way that Adobe Connect connects users together to share information. In order to create a meeting room, follow these steps:
- Log-in to http://connect.rit.edu/ using your RIT Computer Account.
- Select Meetings on the top navigation bar.
- Select New Meeting above the list of meetings.
- Fill in the required information and select Finish at the bottom of the page.
If you receive an error message when trying to access the Meetings page, please Request Meeting Host Access in Connect to obtain the proper privileges for creating meetings. Note that you must be a faculty or staff member to receive Meeting Host privileges.
Ending the Meeting
Ending a meeting removes all the participants from the meeting room. The host can also choose whether to display a message to all the participants at this time, which can be helpful for things such as a reminder about the next meeting time. In order to end the meeting, select End Meeting under the Meeting menu in the Adobe Connect interface.