- Access Starfish through:
- In What day(s)? set up the frequency and repetition of the days.
- In What time? set up the start time and end time for the meeting block.
In Where? select the location and add any details or instructions (this info is included in the location details of the email sent to the student).
In Office hours Type choose one from the following:
Scheduled And Walk-ins (Students can “claim” a specific meeting time by making an appointment but if there is time still available, students can walk-in).
Scheduled Appointments Only (No walk-in times available).
Walk-ins Only (students cannot “claim” a time but the time is available for walk-ins).
In How long? set the minimum and maximum amount of time a student can schedule within your office hours block.
If the section labeled Appointment Types is visible, select the appropriate type of appointment for the office hours you are setting up (for example "Academic Advising” or “Instructor Meeting").
On the Instructions tab you can include any instructions that you would like all students to have when they make this type of appointment with you. Anything entered in this field will be sent to anyone who makes an appointment in this Office Hours block. For example, “Please come prepared with any questions you have, a way to record information (pen/paper, laptop, etc) and a list of classes you are considering for next semester.”
- Click the Start/End Date tab and select when you would like a repeating series to start and end.
- Click Submit to save updates.
- For instructions on how to add a student to an Office Hours time slot click here.