- Access Starfish through:
- Student Folders are accessible from any place the student's name is a hyperlink.
The most common place you will access a student folder is from the My Students or Tracking tabs.
- In the student folder, click Network on the left side navigation bar.
- The advisor will be identified by their role, for example: Primary Academic Advisor or NTID Counselor/Advisor. See below for three ways to filter the list.
- Search - If you know the name of an instructor or an advisor, enter it here.
- Connection - Use the dropdown to select the role of the person you are looking for.
- All, Instructor, Faculty Advisor, Primary Academic Advisor, etc.
- Term -
- Active = current term
- All = all terms for which you have data
- Individual term = selects only one term, for example "2151- Fall Semester"
- To send an email to the student's advisor or all individuals in the network, check the box for the individual or Select All. Once you've identified who you wish to contact, click Email Selected.
- The Send Email window will open. Enter a Subject, type your email, and click Submit. NOTE: This email will be saved in the Notes section of the Student Folder. The recipients can not see who else received the email and can not reply all to the email. Please see the sample email below and note that the salutation and signature are auto-generated (blue), you just need to add the body of the email and any additional information you feel necessary (black).
Dear <First Name> <Last Name>,
This email is being sent to all of John Doe's instructors and advisors as listed in Starfish.
I wanted to let you know that John Doe has taken an LOA and will not be finishing the semester. Please let me know if you have any questions. You can contact me at JohnDoe@rit.edu or 475-5555.
<First Name> <Last Name>