The "Institutional Profile" page is a place where users can update contact information. Instructor and advisor pictures, RIT email addresses, and phone numbers will be visible to students. Instructor and advisor cell phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and video phone numbers will NOT be visible to students.
- Access Starfish through:
- From the Starfish homepage, click the navigation Menu
in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click the arrow next to your name to display a drop-down menu
- Select Institutional Profile
- Edit your information:
- Login Page: You can select the MyStudents tab or the Tracking tab to be your default landing page upon login
- Phone: This information is pulled from SIS, if it's inaccurate you can update in the box
- Cell Phone: If your cell phone is stored in SIS, it will display here. Students will not have access to your cell phone number
- Video Phone: If you have a video phone, you may enter the information here. This number does display for students
- Institutional Email: If you have multiple RIT email addresses, the first address in alpha order will display as your "Institutional Email"
- Alternate Email: If you prefer to use a different RIT email address, add the address and then select "Alternate Email" or "Both"
- Time Zone: For RIT global campuses, check the Display all time zones box and then use the Time zone dropdown to select the appropriate time zone.
- Photo: Photos from SIS are displayed in Starfish
- Click the Submit button to save all changes you have made to the page