- Access Starfish through:
- From the Starfish homepage, click the navigation Menu
in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click the arrow next to your name to display a drop-down menu
- Select Email Notifications
Under Appointment Notifications:
Choose one of the following as your Planning Reminders preference.
send me a separate email reminder for each appointment – receive email reminder(s) sent separately for each of the day’s appointments
- send one email reminder with all appointments - receive one email reminder each day (at a time which you designate) with a list of your appointments for the day
- don’t send me an email reminder – select this option for the fewest number of emails (You will still receive appointment reminders in a summary email each day and reminders in Outlook will still work.)
If you selected one email reminder, then designate a time in Send Planning Reminders: Specify the date and time to receive the email if you have chosen to have a reminder email sent
Decide if you would like Appointment Alerts emailed to you before the start of the meeting. (Your Outlook reminder “bell” will work if you have it set up, the Appointment Alert would be an email in addition to the reminder bell.)
Leave both change to my appointments and change to my Office Hours/Group Session checked to ensure that you receive iCal invites in your Outlook calendar.
- Leave Read busy times from my external Exchange calendar checked. This enables your Starfish calendar and your Outlook calendar to communicate.
- Under Summary Emails update the time you would like to receive the summary email of all tracking item and appointment activity, commonly referred to as the “Recent Tracking Item Summary”. Set your Summary Emails (Recent Tracking Item Summary) to be delivered after 6am EST. This ensures you receive the Recent Tracking Item Summary even if there is an overnight planned system outage (which typically occur between 12am – 6am).
- The image below shows the recommended settings that will result in the least amount of emails.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit.