SpeedNotes quickly capture a brief meeting history as well as a high-level overview of topics covered in the student meeting. They were deliberately designed to be brief and consistent. The list includes topics and campus resources that may be discussed.
The SpeedNotes tab is available whenever the Edit Appointment window is open.
- Access Starfish through:
- From the Starfish homepage, click the navigation Menu in the upper left corner of the screen and click Appointments
- Hover over the Appointment icon associated with the appointment you would like to document.
- On the Appointment pop up card, click the Edit button.
- The Edit Appointment window will open.
- Click the SpeedNotes tab.
Note: Available options are grouped into three categories. Within the category, items are listed alphabetically.
Academic Degree Planning – this area includes common academic topics related to plan of study including course registration, study abroad, and co-op planning
Factors Related to Student Success – this area includes academic support, as well as co-curricular and extracurricular factors
Suggested Resources – this is a list of campus resources that are frequently suggested to students for additional support or to have questions answered
- Check the boxes that represent the topics covered in the meeting.
- Click Submit to save.
- You can view this information in the students folder, under the Meetings tab