Within the student folder, the Network tab includes a list of the students course instructors and advisors in SIS (current and previous terms). You can contact anyone in the network via email from this tab.
- Access Starfish through:
- Student Folders are accessible from any place the student's name is a hyperlink.
The most common place you will access a student folder is from the My Students or Tracking tabs.
- In the student folder, click Network on the left side navigation bar.
- The advisor will be identified by their role, for example: Primary Academic Advisor or NTID Counselor/Advisor. See below for three ways to filter the list.
- Search - If you know the name of an instructor or an advisor, enter it here.
- Connection - Use the dropdown to select the role of the person you are looking for.
- All, Instructor, Faculty Advisor, Primary Academic Advisor, etc.
- Term -
- Active = current term
- All = all terms for which you have data
- Individual term = selects only one term, for example "2151- Fall Semester"
- To send an email to the student's advisor or all individuals in the network, check the box for the individual or Select All. Once you've identified who you wish to contact, click Email Selected.
- The Send Email window will open. Enter a Subject, type your email, and click Submit. This email will not be saved in the Starfish system; if you wish to keep a copy, check the Send copy of note to yourself box.