There are many communications to faculty, staff, and students within the Starfish system. These communications are system-generated when flags are raised via a progress report or the "Raise Flag" function. Each aspect identified as a concern will generate its own standardized email directly to the student. If a comment is added at the time the report is completed or when using the "Raise Flag" function, it is included as an "Instructor Comments" in the system-generated email. If comments are not added, then the "Instructor Comments" section is not included in the email.
Communications to Student:
- Attendance/Participation Concern
- Low Assignment/Quiz/Test Scores
- Multiple Academic Concerns (Requires Comments)
- Performance Improving
- Keep Up the Good Work
- Wellness - At Risk of Failing (Wellness Courses only)
- RIT 365 - No Show (RIT 365 Courses only)
- Roster Verification - No Show (Selected Courses only)
- Course Withdrawal
- Advisor Comment to Student
- Success Plan is Created
- Success Plan is Completed
- Success Plan To-Do is Past the Assigned Due Date
Communications to Instructors:
- Academic Progress Report Announcement (Sample Message from Dr. Ellen Granberg)*
*Please note the content of this announcement and subsequent reminder e-mails may change.
Communications to Primary Academic Advisors and Support Advisors:
Sample email message sent from Starfish with notes (click image below to expand)
Communication Matrix (click image below to expand):
The chart below shows the functionality a user has within the system, as well as what communications each user will receive based on their connection to a student.