Q: How do I embed a database search from the RIT Libraries into my course?
With a number of the RIT Libraries Database resources http://library.rit.edu/databases/ you will see the Embed option listed on some pages. You can embed these resources in to your myCourses course as a Content Topic.
- Go to the Content menu of your course on myCourses.
- In the column on the left, click the name of the Module you want to place the topic in.
- Click the blue New button.
- Select Create a File.
- Give it an appropriate Title.
- In the editor click on the Insert Stuff button in the upper left of the editor.
- In the new window click on Enter Embed Code.
- Click the Next button, then the Insert button. The editor may appear to be empty, but your code will display properly when the topic is viewed.
- Click the Publish button at the bottom of the page (or the Update button if you are editing an existing Topic).