LaunchPad is the hub for resources and materials from MacMillan.
The use of third-party integrations in courses is at the discretion of the instructor with the understanding that many of these of these tools have support and documentation provided by their publisher, not RIT's Academic Technology Support. Most third-party integrations are not actively monitored RIT's Academic Technology Support and may be subject to unexpected changes or service interruptions from their publishers. Please refer to the documentation below for information specific to this integration.
MacMillan has many products. If you have questions regarding which products can take advantage of this integration you will need to contact your MacMillan representative.
1. Technical Support Contacts
1.1. Vendor Technical Support
Support for the MacMillan LaunchPad integration for Instructors and Students is provided by MacMillan.
1.2. RIT Technical Support
Academic Technology Support can assist instructors with inserting the External Learning Tool in to their courses on myCourses. After this link has been inserted, all further support for this third-party integration is provided by the vendor noted above.
2. Adding MacMillan LaunchPad to your Course
2.1. Content Integration
MacMillan content is accessed in your course as a link added to your Content
- Enter the course you wish to add the MacMillan content to.
- Go to Content using the link on you navigation bar.
- Click on the module you wish to add the MacMillan link to, or create a new module.
- Click the Add Existing Activities button and select External Learning Tools.
- In the Add Activity window click on MacMillan Course Tools Launch to select it.
Documentation and support from this point forward is now provided by the vendor, MacMillan.