myCourses uses the name of record for the user as presented in the Registrar's records for students and Human Resources for employees.
Student Name Preferences
Starting with the Fall 2121 quarter, your myCourses name is based on the Display Name you have set at http://start.rit.edu. In most cases, you can change your myCourses name by following these steps:
- Go to http://start.rit.edu and click Name Preferences on the left-hand side
- Login with your RIT account
- Click Edit my name preferences to adjust your Display Name
- Save your changes
Once your Display Name has been saved, it will update in myCourses the next morning around 5 a.m.
If a user wishes to change their name of record, they will need to contact the following department for assistance.
Once the name of record has been changed, myCourses will receive the update with the next daily feed ~5:00AM Eastern.
- Students: Contact the Registrar's Office at 475-2821 (voice/TTY)
- Employees: Contact Human Resources at 475-2424 (voice), 475-2420 (TTY)
- Alumni: Contact Alumni Relations at 1-866-RIT-ALUM (voice)