sinteractive allows a user to submit a job that can be interacted with while running.
Accessing the terminal
- ssh into sporcsubmit.rc.rit.edu using your preferred ssh client(such as PuTTY)
- login with your username and password.
In your terminal:
- $ sinteractive
- You will be prompted with several questions about your job(Account name, memory required, time required), answer them to submit your job.
- Your job will be submitted and you should be granted an interactive batch session
- If you receive an error regarding an inability to display, you need to enable x11 forwarding, or follow the next set of commands
Using xTerm in fastX
If you do not have x11 forwarding, xterm provides it built in for you.
- Login to FastX by entering https://sporcsubmit.rc.rit.edu:3443 into your address bar.
- You will get a notification saying the site is unsafe. The site is in fact safe, so you must tell google to take you there anyway(hit advanced details to see that option).
- Login with your RIT username and password
- Launch a session with xTerm
- Follow the commands from the Using sinteractive section
- Your interactive batch session should be working now
If there are any other issues when attempting to submit an interactive job, please contact email@example.com for assistance.