What is Respondus?
Respondus is a Windows application for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to myCourses. Academic Technology Support has obtained a campus-wide license of the Respondus product to support RIT faculty. You may create your examinations and questions directly in the application, leverage your questions and exam collections or take advantage of quiz banks available from many textbook publishers.
What Are The Benefits?
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface.
- Print exams directly from Respondus, save files to MS Word or rich-text format, or export them for use on myCourses.
- Import exams from over 1,000 publisher test banks in Respondus format.
- Use the Exam Wizard to create an assessment in minutes.
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats.
- Import questions from Microsoft Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI and tab/comma delimited formats.
- Spell check an entire exam file (includes dictionaries for American English, Canadian English, British English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, and a comprehensive medical dictionary).
- Embed graphics, audio, and video without writing or viewing the underlying HTML.
- Insert mathematical and scientific symbols using the Respondus Equation Editor.
- Add tables, bulleted lists, font changes, and enhanced formatting (e.g. bold and italics) just like in a word processor.
- Preview questions before publishing them to the server.
How do I use Respondus?
Refer to the documentation sections below to learn how to use Respondus:
- Getting Started
- Integration with myCourses
- Generating exam documents to save or print
- Archive Wizard
- Training & Support