SMFL Standard Operating Procedures
All of the SMFL procedures are contained within one document titled SMFL Standard Operating Procedures
- The sections below summarized specific areas found within this document
How to start a project
How to get Safety Training
- Most tools in the cleanroom are on the SMFL cardswipe system
- These tools require specific training and certification by an SMFL staff member before users will be enabled on the tool.
- Check the tool pages to find the process or equipment engineer that will certify you on the tool.
- Coordinate with the SMFL personal on a mutually agreeable time for your certification lab practical.
- The SMFL tool certification process can be found here in the SMFL SOP Document
- User Certification Form (pdf)
- Note - you have to be enabled on some project/class account to use a tool in the SMFL.
How to bring your own chemistry into the SMFL
SMFL Off Hours Policy
- Off hours access is a privilege granted to users at the discretion of the SMFL management.
- Access is granted based on observations of the candidate’s maturity and technical knowledge as demonstrated by their work in the SMFL over an extended period.
- A full description of the Off Hours process can be found here in the SMFL SOP Document
- Off-Hours Access Form (pdf)
- Most tools in the SMFL are on the SMFL Tool Reservation System
- Need to get in the reservation system?
- Internal Users - Send an email to Thomas Grimsley with your DCE username. You will log in with your DCE account.
- External Users - Send an email to Thomas Grimsley requesting an account name and password
Forms used in the SMFL