Types of safety training available in the SMFL.
For those taking enrolled in an RIT class that requires them to participate in a lab /class section held in the SMFL - basic safety training.
- This level enables user to operate in the SMFL under supervision of Instructor/TA/Researcher. Basic safety training.
- No certification/swiping of tools.
- Tool operation is done under the supervision of a Certified User for that tool.
- This training is delivered through RIT's MyCourses software.
- Appropriate for students actively processing wafers in lab sections. For example - MicroE students working on their senior project.
- Advanced safety training along with SMFL policies and procedures.
- Large focus on emergencies in the facility and how to react to them
- User can be certified on tools.
- Good for all areas in the SMFL with the exception of the Wet Etch Bays.
- Entire process must be finished in the semester it was started.
- Chemical training is available for users that already have their Researcher Badge
- Users should have some chemistry/chemical processing experience beforehand
- It enables users to perform chemical processing in the two Wet Etch Bays
- More information can be found here - SMFL Chemical Training
1) Attend a New Researcher Safety Training ClassSession
schedule is here
Sign up here - you must sign up for a session