*You can send an academic alert at ANY point in the term by using the "Raise Flag" function.
Fall 2151 System Updates: You asked…we responded!
Student, instructor, and advisor feedback gave us the opportunity to make a few enhancements to the Starfish Early Alert system.
- Faculty requested we rename “Early Alerts” to “Academic Alerts” to send a consistent message of concern throughout the term.
- While the system is Starfish Early Alert, we will refer to alerts as “academic alerts” moving forward.
- Students, faculty pointed out that the subject line “Early Alert…” was problematic for a) students who were being alerted later in the term and b) students receiving positive feedback via Kudos.
- Email communications to students will have new subject lines
- For all academic alerts: “Academic Alert for Jane Smith in General Biology I”
- For Keep Up the Good Work: “Kudos for Jane Smith in General Biology I”
- Faculty advisors have requested to receive the “Daily Digest” summary email.
- Faculty advisors will now receive a “Daily Digest” for all advisees who receive an academic alert or kudos.
- Faculty advisors can opt out of this feature by changing their “Email Preferences” in their Starfish Early Alert profile.
- Faculty suggested discontinuing the use of an auto-populated instructor signature in the emails that are automatically generated to students when flags and kudos are raised.
- The email templates have been revised to notify the student that a flag or kudos has been raised. Course name and instructor name are also included along with any personalized comments you add. There is no longer a signature line.
- Sample communications for all flags and kudos can be found here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS: