Welcome to the Starfish page for the RIT community! Within this site you will find an overview of the academic alert system, training documentation, and FAQ's.
Fall 2161 Academic Alert Progress Surveys*:
Progress Survey 21582161-1 will open at 7am on Monday June 6th September 12th and close at 11pm on Sunday June 19thOctober 2nd.
Progress Survey 21582161-2 will open at 7am on Tuesday July 5th Monday October 17th and close at 11pm on Sunday July 17thNovember 6th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of “W” is Friday July 22November 11, 2016.
All 2158 2161 flags will be Cleared on Tuesday August 14th.
First 5Wk Session
Progress Survey 2158 5Wk1 December 20th.
Spring 2165 Academic Alert Progress Surveys*:
Progress Survey 2165-1 will open at 7am on Monday July 11th February 13th and close at 11pm on Wednesday June 15th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of "W" is Friday June 17, 2016.
All 2158 flags will be Cleared on Tuesday August 14th.
Second 5Wk Session
Progress Survey 2158 5Wk2 Sunday March 5th.
Progress Survey 2165-2 will open at 7am on Monday June 6th March 27th and close at 11pm on Wednesday July 20thSunday April 16th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of "W" “W” is Friday July 22April 21, 20162017.
All 2158 2165 flags will be Cleared on Tuesday August 14thWednesday May 24th.
*You can send an academic alert at ANY point in the term by using the "Raise Flag" function.
- Check only ONE box for the performance area of greatest concern
- Indicate in the comment box any specifics about the alert, including your concerns related to the other 3 performance areas.
- Selecting more than one box triggers separate emails to the student for each area of concern, resulting in multiple emails.
- Any time an instructor raises a flag (via progress survey or "Raise Flag") and includes a comment, the comment is embedded in the standardized email and goes directly to the student. Please direct all comments directly to the student.
- All comments and messages are stored in the Starfish system and are disclosable under FERPA.
- In-person training is highly recommended for instructors to understand the system's additional functionality & communications related to alerts. In the meantime, a user can get a good overview of the system by reviewing the information listed under each of the menu items included on this site.
Training and Questions:
- Training sessions will be offered through CPD on:
Thursday September 15h @ 2pm in CIMS 2160
Wednesday October 19th @10am in CIMS 2160
Please register at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/cpd/starfish-academic-alert-instructors-and-advisors
- The step-by-step guides on this site serve as a user guide.
- For individual training or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-475-5057
- If you have any questions not addressed on this site, please contact email@example.com