For the best experience with myCourses your computer and web browser need to be up to date and configured correctly.
Use a supported web browser
Your computer must have the following for myCourses:
- Microsoft Windows (Vista or 7+) 10 or Apple Mac OS X.
- Cookies enabled in your web browser
If you believe your are seeing an old version of a page in Chrome, please try the following key combination. This will reload the page from the myCourses server, bypassing the locally stored cache of your web browser.
|Windows||Apple OS X|
|[ CTRL Key ] +|
|[ Shift Key ] +|
+ [ Shift Key ] + R
At this time, this refresh is considered unreliable in Chrome so this may not work for you. This is a browser issue that is not specific to myCourses.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Go to the Options or Preferences.
- Microsoft Windows users select Options from the Tools menu.
- Apple OS X users select Preferences from the Firefox menu.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Microsoft Windows user will also need to check Enable Java here.
- If you have enabled Block Pop-up Windows it is recommended to add an exception for: mycourses.rit.edu and www.turnitin.com.
- Go to the Privacy tab.
- Enable Accept cookies from sites.
- You can now click OK to save your Options/Preferences.