Information on the hourly rates for SMFL tools and mask prices
SMFL Services and Capabilities
- Complete prototyping of devices and systems with help from the electrical and surface analytical characterization labs, microelectronics layout and computer simulation facilities, and in-house industry-standard electronics packaging capability.
The SMFL offers a wide range of services from single process up to foundry services.
: It is by no means a complete list, please contact us so that we can discuss your needs.
The SMFL has a 2um CMOS process with an effective L of 1.5um.
- We have run this process for customers using their design and incorporating our test structure for test verification.
- Aluminum and Tungsten gate metals have been processed - others are possible.
- Our Vt's are well matched but implant splits are possible.
- We are currently putting together a page with more details including
- Spice model parameters
**Test results of last lot run - 4/12
- Overview of the SMFL test chip with details on specific devicesTypical run time is ~8 weeks
Details about the SMFL CMOS Process, Performance, Specifications, and Options
If you require this information or a quote on your process, please contact T. Grimsley
Scanning Electron Microscopy
There are several SEMs available for imaging a variety of samples.
:Amray 1830 LaB6 system
:LEO EVO 50 LaB6 system. Contact Sean Rommel of RIT's Electrical and Microelectronic engineering Department about this tool.
Film Thickness - Ellipsometry :
- Woollam VASE with Autoretarder operating at wavelengths from 240-1700nm and variable angle of incidence.
- Rudolph Auto EL IV operating at three wavelengths
Film Thickness - Profilometry :
- Tencor P2 is a long length scanning profilometer useful for measuring step heights.
Film Thickness - Optical :
- Prometrix SpectraMap SM300 and two Nanometrics Spectrophotometers that provide noncontact optical film thickness measurement mapping - Resist, oxide, nitride.
Resistivity Measurements' :
- CDE Res Map provides sheet resistance and resistivity mapping of silicon wafers and films.
Thin Film Deposition
Sputter Deposition :
- The SMDL has a variety of DC and RF deposition tools. The
- PE 4410 is loadlocked and has sputter etch capability.
- A wide variety of targets exist in bonded 8" form and unbonded 4" targets for the sputter head on the
- Al/Si, Ti, Cr, W/Ti, Cu, Mo, Ta - 8" bonded, water cooled targets
- Cu, Ti, Ni, Cr, Ge, InSn, Mo, NiCr - 4" target for sputter head
Thermal Evaporation :
- two thermal evaporators - one is a basket style for various metals and the other is a flash evaporator for deposition of aluminum.
Electron Beam Evaporation
The SMFL has a [CHA _ Ebeam _ Evaporator] with a 3KV electron beam gun with an eight pocket carousel.
Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD)
The SMFL has a an Applied Materials P5000 systems equipped with two deposition chambers :[AME_P5000_Chamber_A ]
- TEOS Oxide from a few nanometers to many microns can be deposited
Low Pressure Chemical Vapor (LPCVD) :
- system is capable of depositing Nitride, Poly and Low Temp Oxide.
The SMFL has run hands on courses in Cleanroom Etiquette, MEMS Processing, and Thin Films.
We can can custom tailor a course to suit the needs of your organization. Please contact us and we can discuss your requirements.
A complete listing of all of the Tools in the SMFL can be found here