- Contact the SMFL for a discussion of the project scope and fit with the lab.
- Once the project scope is agreed upon, the external user makes arrangements for payment - either a company PO, Visa or MC. A budgetary quote can be issued if this is needed to generate a PO.
- SMFL Visitors Agreement is signed all users.
- Arrangements are made for safety training . This can be scheduled with T. Grimsley.
- The SMFL staff will assist with tool training.
- Billing is done on a monthly basis.
- The External user is sent an invoice for the work against their PO or their credit card (Visa or MC)is charged.
- External Users must work around the classes. RIT classes take priority, lab schedule for the current quarter can be found here.
- External Users can reserve their tool usage at our tool reservation page.