1.9.1 Actions that will result in a verbal reminder
– Safety glasses on top of users head.
– Wearing open toed shoes in cleanroom – user will be asked to leave cleanroom to changefootwearchange footwear.
– Forgetting to wear your badge in the cleanroom (assuming you have one).
– Minor improper lab protocol (opening the lab door to take to someone in the hall)
– Using lab phones for non-business purposes.
1.9.2 Actions that will result in a warning.
– Improper use of PPE (Not wearing any PPE while performing chemical work) leaving PPE on center table, not rinsing gloves after use, wearing PPE outside of Wet Etch Bays).
– Improper chemical handling (not labeling chemistry, head inside hood/over heated bath,dipping/pipetting from chemical baths, improper waste disposal).
– Improper use of card swipe (loaning someone your card, taking/using someone else's another lab users card for the purpose of letting uncertified users on a tool or charging other projects for your time).
– Processing with an expired safety badge or with a Visitors badge. In the case of a Visitors badge, the sponsor/host/TA will also be given a warning.
– Major improper lab protocol - in cleanroom without suit
– Any action that results in damage or injury that was negligent in nature and not accidental.
Any serious safety violation may result in immediate loss of privileges and lab access. This is at the discretion of the SMFL management.
The information below is given on these particular chemicals as the pose special risks to SMFL users.