There are two types of safety training available in the SMFL.
- Appropriate for those taking a lab in the SMFL - basic safety training
- This level enables user to operate in the SMFL under supervision of Instructor/TA/Researcher
- No certification/swiping of tools.
- Tool operation is done under the supervision of a Certified User for that tool.
- Researcher Training
- Appropriate for those working independently in the SMFL.
- Appropriate for upper level students processing wafers in lab sections.
- Basic safety training along with SMFL policies and procedures.
- Able to be certified on tools.