Welcome to the Starfish page for the RIT community! Within this site you will find an overview of the academic alert system, training documentation, and FAQ's.
Summer 2178 We are continuously developing this site and information will be updated regularly; please check back frequently for the newest updates about academic alerts!
Summer 2188 Academic Progress Surveys for RIT Rochester, NY Campus*
Academic Progress survey 21782188-1 will open at 7am on Tuesday May 29th 28th and close at 11pm on Tuesday June 12th11th.
Academic Progress survey 21782188-2 will open at 7am on Monday Tuesday July 2nd 7th and close at 11pm on Monday Tuesday July 16th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of “W” is Wednesday July 2524, 20182019.
All 2178 flags will be Cleared on Friday August 17th.
6 Week SessionsFirst 6-Week Session
Academic Progress survey 21782188-6wk1 will open at 7am on Tuesday May 29th 28th and close at 11pm on Tuesday June 12th11th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of “W” is Tuesday Wednesday June 1918, 20182019.
Second 6-Week Session
Academic Progress survey 21782188-6wk2 will open at 7am on Wednesday Tuesday July 11th 9th and close at 11pm on Wednesday Tuesday July 25th16th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of “W” is Thursday Wednesday August 21, 20182019.
All 2188 flags will be Cleared on Friday August 16, 2019.
*You can send an academic alert at ANY point in the term by using the "Raise Flag" function.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS:
How to Complete an Academic Progress Survey Video
- Check only ONE box for the performance area of greatest concern
- Indicate in the comment box any specifics about the alert, including your concerns related to the other performance areas.
- Selecting more than one box triggers separate emails to the student for each area of concern, resulting in multiple emails.
- Any time an instructor raises a flag (via progress survey or "Raise Flag") and includes a comment, the comment is embedded in the standardized email and goes directly to the student. Please direct all comments directly to the student.
- All comments and messages are stored in the Starfish system and are disclosable under FERPA.
- In-person training is highly recommended for instructors to understand the system's additional functionality & communications related to alerts. In the meantime, a user can get a good overview of the system by reviewing the information listed under each of the menu items included on this site.
Training and Questions:
Training sessions will be offered through CPD on:
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:00am
Wednesday2/7/18 @ 9-10am in CIMS 2160Tuesday 3/6/18 @ 2-3pm in CIMS 2160
, October 2, 2019 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
Friday, October 18, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:00am
Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Please register at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/cpd/starfish-academic-alert-instructors-and-advisors
- The step-by-step guides on this site serve as a user guide.
- For individual training or questions, please email email@example.com or call 585-475-5057
- If you have any questions not addressed on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are continuously developing this site and information will be updated regularly; please check back frequently for the newest updates about academic alerts!