Raising a Flag or Kudo allows an instructor to send a performance update directly to the student. The system will generate a standardized email that is sent directly to the student. Flags and Kudos can be sent at anytime during the semester.
Click on the video below to view the Starfish Video Series: How to Raise Flags or Kudos or scroll down for step-by-step directions.
- Access Starfish through:
- From the Starfish homepage, click the Hamburger Menu in the top left, then click the Students drop-downSelect My Students to view a list of all undergraduate students to whom you have a connections
navigation Menu in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click the arrow next to the word students to display a drop-down menu
- Select My Students
- From My Students or the Student Folder you can manually raise a flag or kudo kudos at any point during the term
- From My Students, select the student(s) to receive a Flag or Kudo Kudos by checking the box next to their name
- From the navigation bar, select Flag or KudoKudos
- Select the appropriate tracking item (area of concern or recognition) from the dropdown menu
- Add comments, addressing them to the student, as these comments will be sent to the student in an automated email (you can see sample emails on the Starfish Communications page) . Comments should not include anything personal in nature. If you have behavioral or mental health concerns about a student you should submit a Tiger Concern Report to RIT's Student Behavior Consultation Team (SBCT).
- Select the related course from the Course Context dropdown menu
- Click Save to submit and the appropriate communication will be sent to the student