- If you are working on a research project, you will need Researcher Safety Training
- If you are taking a class, you will need Class Safety Training
- The difference between the two and the process for both is found here.
- Users should be working on an approved project
- Users need a Researcher level safety badge.
- The SMFL does not typically hold tool training sessions. Users are encouraged to;
- Read the manual for the tool they are interested in. Most all can be found on the Tool Pages.
- Operate the tool under the supervision of a certified user.
- Once the user feels they think they know the operation of the tool, they may request to be certified by the Tool or Process Engineers
- Print out a copy of the Tool Certification Form and bring it to be signed off at your certification session. Turn it in to T. Grimsley when you are done. You will then be enabled on that tool in the cardswipe system.
- The users will be tested in a lab practical format using the Tool Certification Checklist. These can also be found on the individual Tool Pages