Welcome to the Early Alert page for the RIT community! Within this site you will find an overview of the Early Alert system, training documentation, and FAQ's.
Fall 2141 Early Alert Progress Surveys*:
Progress Survey 2141-1 will Open at 8am on Monday September 14th and Close at 11pm on Sunday October 5th.
Progress Survey 2141-2 will Open at 8am on Monday October 20th and Close at 11pm on Sunday November 9th.
Last day to withdraw with a grade of “W” 11/14/14
*You can send an early alert at ANY point in the term by using the "Raise Flag" function.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS:
The progress survey allows an instructor to send alerts related to 4 different aspects of academic performance (attendance, participation, assignments, and tests). Each aspect identified as a concern will generate it's own standardized email, signed by the instructor, directly to the student. We ask that you:
- Check only ONE box for the performance area of greatest concern
- Indicate in the comment box any specifics about the alert, including your concerns related to the other 3 performance areas.
- Selecting more than one box triggers separate emails to the student for each area of concern, resulting in multiple emails.
- Any time an instructor raises a flag (via progress survey or "Raise Flag") and includes a comment, the comment is embedded in the email and goes directly to the student. Please direct all comments directly to the student.
- All comments and messages are stored in the early alert system and are disclosable under FERPA.
- In-person training is highly recommended for instructors to understand the system's additional functionality & communications related to alerts. In the meantime, a user can get a good overview of the system by reviewing the information listed under each of the menu items included here.
Training and Questions:
- The step-by-step guides on this site serve as a user guide.
- To sign up for training on the Early Alert system, please visit the CPD website.
- Instructor Sessions: http://www.rit.edu/fa/cpd/early-alert-training-instructor-session
- Advisor Sessions: http://www.rit.edu/fa/cpd/early-alert-training-advisor-session
- If you have any questions not addressed on this site, please contact email@example.com
We are continuously developing this site and information will be updated regularly; please check back frequently for the newest updates about early alerts!