Pearson offers a number of products to extensively integrate publisher content in to your courses.
The use of third-party integrations in courses is at the discretion of the instructor with the understanding that many of these of these tools have support and documentation provided by their publisher, not RIT's Academic Technology Support. Most third-party integrations are not actively monitored RIT's Academic Technology Support and may be subject to unexpected changes or service interruptions from their publishers. Please refer to the documentation below for information specific to this integration.
Pearson has many products. If you have questions regarding which products can take advantage of this integration you will need to contact your Pearson representative.
1. Technical Support Contacts
1.1. Vendor Technical Support
Support for the Pearson MyLab & Mastering integrations for Instructors and Students is provided by Pearson.
1.2. RIT Technical Support
Academic Technology Support can assist instructors with accessing the Course Builder tool in to their courses on myCourses. All further support for this third-party integration is provided by the vendor noted above.
2. Adding Pearson MyLab & Mastering integrations to your Course
- In your course click the Edit Course link on the navigation bar.
- Click on the Homepages link. It can be helpful to click the Name button at the top of the page to sort the tools alphabetically.
- Next to Course Default click the Action menu arrow and select Copy.
- Click on the title of "Course Default - Copy" to edit it.
- Under the Widgets heading decide which section you would like to add your Pearson widget to. Click the Add Widget button at the bottom-right of that section.
- Check the box next to "MyLab & Mastering Links" to select it. There is a search box at the top of the form to help narrow down the list if desired.
- Click the Add button. The widget will be added to the bottom of the section you chose to add it to. You can reorder the widget by clicking on the box representing it and dragging it into the desired order.
- At the bottom of the form click Save and Close.
- Under Active Homepage click the dropdown menu and select "Course Default - Copy," then click the Apply button.
- You can return to the Homepage of your course and confirm the changes.
You can now follow Step 3, below, which provide vendor tutorials and documentation on working with the Pearson integration in your course.
3. Vendor Documentation
The vendor has provided extensive Instructor documentation on their site at: http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/educators/support/lms-integration-services/
Please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Brightspace by D2L" button, then select your Pearson product from the provided list.