How can I get university credit / academic credit?
University credit (academic credit) is awarded after completing the entire MicroMasters program as a verified learner and being accepted by the university. In rare cases, a university may award credit for completing individual courses as a verified learner.
After earning the MicroMasters certificate, students are eligible to apply to RIT for select graduate programs. If accepted into the program, students with the MicroMasters certificate will be awarded 9* credit hours towards their degree requirements. This allows learners to accelerate their degree completion and pursue an academic credential at a reduced overall cost. For your convenience, you can earn either degree by studying fully online or on campus.
View the individual program pages for details:
- Advanced Certificate in Project Management
- Masters in Professional Studies (with Project Management concentration)
- Advanced Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Masters Degree in Cybersecurity
- Masters in Professional Studies (with Cybersecurity concentration)
- Masters in Professional Studies (with Design Thinking concentration)
*The number of credits offered varies across MicroMasters programs. Each university determines the number of credits the MicroMasters certificate will count as towards the degree.
- Data Analytics and Visualization in Health Care: After earning a verified certificate, apply to RIT and you may be awarded 3 credits toward RIT’s Masters in Health Systems Management.