This question and answer only applies to the Project Management courses.
What is the final exam like in the Project Management courses? How can I prepare for the final exam?
The final exam in each of the RITx Project Management courses is in the last section of each course. It is a timed exam. For the questions, you will be given a real to life project scenario/background information and asked a specific question. You will need to apply your learning of concepts from throughout the course to select the best answer.
DETAILS ABOUT THE EXAM
- Testing Location: You can complete the exam anywhere with an internet connection, and can use a laptop/desktop computer or mobile device. The exam is done in the edX platform, similar to how you completed quizzes and assignments. You do not need to go to an exam center.
- Attempts: You will have one attempt for each question in the exam.
- Time Limits: The exam is timed. The length of time allotted is provided on the "About the Exam page" in the course as well as on the screen before you agree to start the timed exam. Cast study material is provided outside of the timer window so that you can spend as much time as you wish with the case before agreeing to start the questions. 1. You can start the final exam as soon as you are ready. You do not need to wait for a certain date to start it. Once you start the questions, you must complete all questions within the time limit. You can skip questions and come back to them, or do questions out of order, but any questions left unanswered when the timer runs out will receive 0 points.
- Use of Materials During Exam: Students can reference back to any section in the course to aid in the completion of the final exam.
- Types of Problems: Multiple choice, checkbox, numbers/letter fill-in (sequencing/matching), dropdown select. There is no writing component nor math calculation needed.
- Accommodations for Learners with Disabilities: Contact the course team.
PREPARING FOR THE EXAM
We will provide you with the following materials in edX:
- A review section with a summary of the learning from the entire course.
- Practice problems similar to the problems in the final exam.
We also recommend that you review all of the weekly lessons throughout the course, and take your own notes to document the key learning from each lesson.
The instructional content of the week before the exam will be shorter than the other weeks to allow you time to prepare for the final week.
NOTE: This FAQ is about the final exams in the individual courses PM9001x, PM9002x, PM9003x. If you want information on the PM9004x Capstone Exam, view our FAQ on capstone exam.