What is the payment and verification (upgrade) process like?
Follow edX's instructions for Upgrading to a Verified Certificate for full details.
Some key points:
- View edX's FAQ for accepted payment methods and an overview of the payment process.
- You must have a webcam to take a photograph of yourself AND a photograph of your photo ID document:
- Use a current (not expired) government-issued identification document for your photo ID. Acceptable forms of ID are listed in edX's Terms of Service.
- Your photo ID must have your full name, and the name on the photo ID must match your full name in edX.
- View edx's FAQ for an overview of the photo/ID process.
- You must pay AND do the photo/ID step before the verification deadline.
If you start out as an audit enrollment, you can upgrade to verified at any time before the deadline by clicking the Upgrade to Verified Certificate link on the right side of the course homepage.