Finding and Pinning your Current Courses
Courses that show up on the home page of myCourses are pinned. Here's how you can find your current courses and pin the ones you want to your home page.
- In the My Courses listing, click the View All Courses link at the bottom of the listing.
- To the right, click the Filter drop-down menu.
This may take a moment to load if you have been at RIT for a while and have courses across a number of semesters.
- Check off the semester you wish to filter on.
The listing will update to show only the courses in that semester. You can click on the page outside of the filter menu to have the menu go away.
If the list is longer than the menu, you can scroll by pointing your mouse at the menu and using your mouse wheel.
- To pin a course to your front page, point your mouse at the course you wish to pin. A button labeled … appears at the top-right of the course icon.
- Click the … button and select Pin from the menu.
- The course is now listed under the Pinned heading and will always be shown on the Home page of myCourses.
- Pinned courses can also be easily accessed through the Course Selector found at the top of most pages throughout myCourses.
Pinned courses are always at the top of the listing and highlighted with a blue background.
Course Update Indicator
The orange number following the course title is a number reflecting the total of the following updates in a course.
When you visit the course, the Updates widget breaks out the updates for easy access. On the default course homepage, the Updates widget is found at the top of the right-hand column.