Do you need to complete entrance exams to be admitted to RIT?
Students can take edX courses and work towards MicroMasters certificates without taking any entrance exams. If you want to pursue further study at RIT for a full Master's program or Advanced (Graduate) Certificate program, there are application requirements, including entrance exams for some programs/students. View RIT's Graduate Admissions page for details. We also recommend you contact the individual program of interest for specific application requirements:
- Advanced Certificate in Project Management
- Masters in Professional Studies (with Project Management concentration)
- Advanced Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Masters Degree in Cybersecurity
- Masters in Professional Studies (with Cybersecurity concentration)
- Masters in Professional Studies (with Design Thinking concentration)
Does RIT require an English proficiency exam (like the TOEFL) for students outside the US in order to be admitted?
A test of English Language aptitude is required of all RIT applicants whose native language is not English. RIT accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE exams. View test scores required on RIT's website.
Does RIT require a GRE exam score in order to be admitted?