What is the Cybersecurity capstone like? What will the capstone include?
The CYBER525x Cybersecurity Capstone will test knowledge and skills across all four RITx Cybersecurity courses (CYBER501, CYBER502, CYBER503, CYBER504). It will feature hands-on laboratory exercises, similar to the peer or self-assessed exercises in the other Cybersecurity courses. Laboratory activities will be completed in a virtual lab environment.
DETAILS ABOUT THE CAPSTONE
- When it is Offered: Currently scheduled capstone offerings can be found on the CYBER525x Cybersecurity Capstone page.
- Testing Location: The capstone is completed on the edX platform and in a virtual lab environment. You do not need to go to an exam specific location.
- Use of Materials During Capstone: You can reference the previous four courses (CYBER501, CYBER502, CYBER503, CYBER504) if you need it. All instructions for completing the lab activities are in the capstone course.
- Retaking the capstone: View our FAQ on retaking the capstone.
- Accommodations for Learners with Disabilities: Contact the course team.
PREPARING FOR THE CAPSTONE
We recommend that you review all of the four RITx Cybersecurity courses and complete all of the practice activities in the courses. You should be able to view all the courses you've taken on your edX dashboard unless you unenrolled to remove them. Students must prepare individually.
CAPSTONE ELIGIBILITY & COSTS
Students who pass all four RITx Cybersecurity courses (with a 80% or higher) on the verified track will be invited to take the capstone as a verified student. The cost to take the capstone as a verified student is $600. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria or you do not want to pay for the verification, there will be a separate "audit student" capstone preview offered at the same time that you can use to understand better what the full experience contains. The "audit student" capstone experience will not not include any activities and will not give you credit towards the MicroMasters certificate. You can only earn the MicroMasters certificate if you pass the capstone as a verified student with a 80% or higher.