Fall 2191 Academic Progress Report Schedule*
Academic Progress Report 2191-1
|Open Date||Open Time||Close Date||Close Time|
|RIT Main||Monday, September 16, 2019||7am EDT||Sunday, October 6, 2019||11pm EDT|
|RIT Kosovo||Monday, September 20, 2019||7am CEST||Sunday, October 13, 2019||11pm CEST|
Academic Progress Report 2191-2
|Open Date||Open Time||Close Date||Close Time||Last Day to Withdraw|
|RIT Main||Monday, October 14, 2019||7am EDT||Sunday, November 3, 2019||11pm EDT||Friday, November 8, 2019|
|RIT Dubai||Thursday, November 14, 2019|
|RIT Croatia||Friday, November 15, 2019|
|RIT Kosovo||Monday, October 28, 2019||7am CEST||Sunday, November 10, 2019||11pm CEST||Friday, November 15, 2019|
All 2191 flags will be Cleared on Monday, December 23, 2019.
*You can send an academic alert at ANY point in the term by using the "Raise Flag" function.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS:
How to Complete an Academic Progress Report Video
Starfish allows the course instructor to easily inform a student that they may be at-risk in specific areas within the course. Advisors assigned to the student also receive notification of the instructors concern. Instructors and advisors can then take a coordinated approach to help students utilize campus resources and develop an action plan.
The Academic Progress Report allows an instructor to send alerts related to different aspects of academic performance (attendance/participation, low assignments/tests scores, or multiple concerns). Each topic identified as a concern will generate an automated email that goes directly to the student. We ask that you:
- Check only ONE box for the performance area of greatest concern
- Indicate in the comment box any specifics about the alert, including your concerns related to the other performance areas. (Please note: all comments and messages are stored in Starfish and are disclosable under FERPA.)
- Selecting more than one box triggers separate emails to the student for each area of concern, resulting in multiple emails.
Training and Questions:
Training sessions will be offered through CPD on:
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:00am in CIMS 2160
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm in CIMS 2160
Friday, October 18, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:00am in CIMS 2160
Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:00pm in CIMS 2160
- Please register at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/cpd/starfish-academic-alert-instructors-and-advisors
Drop-in Lab time:
Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 1-3pm in CIMS 2160
Monday, September 30, 2019 - 10am-12pm in CIMS 2160
- Wednesday, October 15, 4-6pm in CIMS 2160
- Thursday October 24, 2019 - 10am-12pm in CIMS 2160
- Monday October 28, 2019 - 1-3pm in CIMS 2160
- The step-by-step guides on this site serve as a user guide.
- For individual training or questions, please email email@example.com or call 585-475-5057
- If you have any questions not addressed on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org