RIT Faculty and Staff can invite guests without an RIT Computer Account to create an RIT Wiki account.
This account is for access to the RIT Wiki only. It will not allow access to RIT Email or any other RIT systems or services.
If you need a full RIT Computer Account for a non-RIT user you will need to contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance.
Non-RIT users should only be granted access to course-related wiki spaces if this access is in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This includes the exposure of student enrollments, grades, and work in current and prior course offerings to parties without official reason for access.
Complaints brought against RIT for FERPA violations may may result in fines or impact RIT's funding and accreditation.
Quoting from the summary at ED.gov:
Schools must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record. However, FERPA allows schools to disclose those records, without consent, to the following parties or under the following conditions (34 CFR § 99.31):
- School officials with legitimate educational interest;
- Other schools to which a student is transferring;
- Specified officials for audit or evaluation purposes;
- Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
- Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school;
- Accrediting organizations;
- To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
- Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies; and
- State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific State law.
RIT Code of Conduct for Computer and Network Use
By using this wiki, your guests are agreeing to abide by the RIT Code of Conduct for Computer and Network Use: http://www.rit.edu/computerconduct/.
Non-RIT wiki account invitation
To access the invitation link below you must be logged in to the wiki with an RIT Account that is classified as Faculty or Staff. The log in link can be found to the upper-right of the page.
If you are not permitted to access the link and your RIT Computer Account is classified as Faculty or Staff by the ITS Service Desk, please contact Academic Technology Support for assistance.