If you would like a new wiki space, please complete one of the forms below to tell us more about the type of wiki you would like, and how it will be used. If you aren't sure what form to fill out, please refer to the "Types of Wiki Requests" tab below. When the form is complete, click the Submit Wiki Request button to submit your request to The Wallace Center for approval.
To place a request you must be logged in to the wiki with your RIT Account. If you are not logged in, you may see an error below. The Log In link is found to the upper right of this page. If you see your name there, you are currently signed in to the wiki and may proceed with your request.
Questions? Contact Academic Technology Support. Refer to our contact page for hours and contact information.
Wiki spaces are only available at the request of RIT Faculty or Staff accounts
- Wiki spaces for course work must be requested by the instructor of the course.
- Wiki spaces for student groups must be requested by a Faculty or Staff advisor.
- In all cases the faculty or staff member is expected to maintain oversight of the space to make sure it respects RIT's Code of Conduct for Computer and Network Use and it is an appropriate use of RIT resources.
Please click the tab above to fill out a form for the type of wiki you would like. If you aren't sure what form to fill out, please refer to the information below.
Wikis can only be requested by faculty or staff members.
- Course Wiki Space: Use this form to request a wiki space for an individual quarter or semester of a course. Academic Technology Support will add your student groups to the wiki space, thereby giving your students access.
If your course is merged in myCourses, please include a list of each section's full nine-digit course number in the Additional Comments section of the wiki request form. Academic Technology Support will then add each section of students to your wiki space.
- General Use Wiki Space: This wiki request form is best for projects that are not associated with an official RIT course. General wiki spaces do not have a course number, and therefore have no students or instructors. Examples of general wiki spaces include wikis for club or student organizations, committees for university projects and initiatives, wiki spaces serving as a template for others to copy, and departmental documentation.
- Copy an Existing Wiki Space/Template: Use this form to request a copy of an existing wiki space. This form is frequently used for course wiki spaces, where the entire wiki space needs to be copied to a different quarter or semester. This allows a new set of students to interact with the newly-copied wiki space. If you are requesting a copy of a course wiki space for an upcoming quarter, Academic Technology Support will add your student groups to the newly-created copy.
What is copied and what is not?
When a wiki space is copied, the newly-created copy contains all wiki pages and their hierarchical structure, the wiki space theme, information about the original authors of wiki pages, the dates the wiki pages were created, and any attachments to individual pages. Comments and personal labels are not copied, unless otherwise noted. Only the person who requested the copy will have full administrator privileges; no other groups or individual users are given access.