Instructors can use the Clear Flag or Resolve function to indicate that a student has addressed the concern raised in the initial flag. Comments added when clearing the flag should indicate the reason(s) for clearing the flag.
IMPORTANT: Information entered in the Starfish system is disclosable under FERPA. If a student requests to view their educational record, information from the Starfish system may be requested.
- Access Starfish through:
- From the Starfish homepage, click the navigation Menu
in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click the arrow next to the word students to display a drop-down menu
- Select My Students
- Search by Student or your Connection to the student
- Hover your cursor over the blue flag icon by the alert you want to close, the Flag Menu will appear
- Select Clear Flag (Do not use the Edit Flag function)
- Enter appropriate comments
- Indicate reasons you are clearing the flag and document contact with student
- Comments should be clear, supportive, and specific to the alert
- Avoid evaluative language
- Click Submit, the flag will now show as resolved and an update will be included in the advisor's Recent Tracking Item Summary email