Welcome to the Early Alert page for the RIT community! Within this site you will find an overview of the Early Alert system, training documentation, and FAQ's.
Spring 2135 Early Alert Progress Surveys:
Progress Survey #1: Open weeks 4, 5, 6 (February 17 @ 8am - March 7 @ 11pm)
Progress Survey #2: Open weeks 9, 10, 11 (March 31 @8am - April 18 @ 11pm)
*You can send an early alert at ANY point in the term by using the "Raise Flag" function.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS:
The system allows you to send alerts related to 4 different aspects of academic performance (attendance, participation, assignments, and tests). We ask, however, that you:
- Check only ONE box for the performance area of greatest concern
- Indicate in the comment box any specifics about the alert, including other concerns that you have related to the other 3 performance areas.
- Selecting more than one box triggers a separate email to the student for each area of concern, resulting in multiple emails.
- Any time an instructor raises a flag (via progress survey or manually) and includes a comment, the comment becomes part of the system-generated email and goes directly to the student. Please direct all comments to the student.
- All comments and messages are stored in the early alert system and are disclosable under FERPA.
- In-person training is highly recommended for instructors to understand the system's additional functionality & communications related to alerts. In the meantime, a user can get a good overview of the system by reviewing the information listed under each of the menu items.
Training and Questions:
- The step-by-step guides on this site serve as a user guide.
- To sign up for training on the Early Alert system, please visit the CPD website: http://www.rit.edu/fa/cpd/early-alert-training
- If you have any questions not addressed on this site, please contact email@example.com
We are continuously developing this site and information will be updated regularly; please check back frequently for the newest udpates about early alerts!