Students in a merged course cannot see the entire classlist. They only see the students in the section they are enrolled in.
This is due to a design choice made by the vendor. We have contacted them asking them to make this an option we can choose to disable for our organization, but no option has been provided at this time.
A work around for this issue is to use the Groups tool to make a single group with the entire Classlist. This will allow the students to see all of the members of the course.
- In your course, select Groups from the navigation bar.
- Click the "New Category" button at the top of the page.
- Enter a Category Name (e.g. "Complete Classlist").
- In Enrollment Type choose Choose "# of Groups."
- Enter "1" in the Number of Groups field.
- Click Show Advanced Properties, if they are not already being displayed.
- Check the box for "Auto-Enroll New Users"; this will automatically add new student enrollments in to the group.
- Click the Save button.
Students can now go to the Groups tool and click on the number displayed in the Members column for this group to see the entire classlist.
D2L Incident #